What's this for?
A roadmap is a description and timeline of the inter-related activities needed to build and launch a business according to its chosen route to market. It helps to understand what needs to be achieved, when, and the resources that will be needed to do so.
A roadmap is a living document that develops and changes over time, but a rough roadmap should be developed at an early stage.
Recommended easy reading for context: Chapter 12 of The Smart Entrepreneur.
• To list the technological, operational and sales processes needed to develop and launch the business, and a timeline for these actions.
• To estimate the costs of these activities over time.
• To start on a milestone plan that can be used in negotiating with investors or lenders, matching concrete progress with funding needs.
1. Click the link to access the Learning Manual: IE&D Roadmap.
2. Draft a technological, sales and operational roadmap, as applicable.
3. Draft a realistic milestone plan showing when you expect to reach certain technological, operational and sales objectives, and at what stages you will need further cash injections.
If you need to print out a copy of the learning manual(s) for offline use, please follow these steps:
- Click the "Create PDF" button at the top right hand corner of the page.
- Scroll to the "Attachment" section (at the end of the last page).
- Click on the paperclip icon next to the manual.